2007년 3월 1일 목요일

*2007 learning goals


The First Step Towards Succeed

Goal 1: I want to be good at drafting and revising by using the six traits.
Reasons & Methods: I think revising is the most important part of writing to come up with a good piece at the end. Revising determines if the writing will be a trash or a masterpiece since it can develop your writing.
- Understand the six traits perfectly.
- Ask Ms. Johnson after school to discuss about how my writing can improve.

Goal 2: I hope to use a variety of transitional devices to make my writing smoother.
Reasons & Methods: Even though your writing’s information is well organized, you can’t say that it is a good writing if your writing isn’t smooth enough. So, I think I will need to improve on making my writing smoother.
- Know and memorize plenty of transitional words.
- Make the writing follow the flow.

Goal 3: I will use adjectives as many as I can to make the writing’s voice stronger.
Reasons & Methods: If you know a lot of adjectives, you can strengthen your voice and improve your writing by just adding few of good and strong adjective words.
- Know a lot of “Strong” adjective words.
- Use right adjective words to be able to picture or imagine what I am trying to say in the writing.

Goal 4: I want to know how to write research papers very well.
Reasons & Methods: I don’t know much about what the research paper is, so I decided that I need to know what it is first. I will also need to learn how to include things like citations, charts, graphs, and other things that a research paper has to contain.
- Research about what research paper is to understand the main purpose of it.
- Listen to Ms. Johnson well when she explains about research papers.

Goal 5: I will have to use variety of descriptive words and make right word choices in my writing to make it better.
Reasons & Methods: I am very weak at using a lot of kinds of words, so that causes my writing’s voice to get weaker. All of my peer editors told me to use variety of good and strong words in the past while they edited my writings. And I also think it is very important to use good and descriptive words for my better writing.
- Memorize at least five words each day.
- Use thesaurus often to find stronger words while I write.

댓글 없음: